Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Woah, how much?

So I'm sitting here listening to Ooh Ahh by Grits, which happens to be one of my favorite songs, and I decided it's time for a post.

Something that's been on my heart lately is God's love. God IS love. His love for us is unfathomable and as His children we can't be separated from it, but I'll be real honest, I have trouble accepting that. I feel like there's something inside of me that every time I hear about God's love I inwardly ask, "Really, you love me that much? But God, it doesn't make sense, I'm the biggest screw up I know." And I am gently reminded, "Yes, that much. More than you can ever know." Man, God is so awesome.

In John 17:23 when Jesus was praying He said, "I in them and you in me, all being perfected into one. Then the world will know that you...love them as much as you love me." That's so crazy to me! God loves me as much as He loves Jesus. Maybe this all seems elementary, but it's hard for me to take in because I know I don't deserve His love and never will. Yet He chooses to love me despite every flaw and mistake.

In my quiet time yesterday morning this is part of what I read, "His love is more than words. When you became a child of the King, adopted into the divine family, things happened. All Jesus did on the cross was applied to your life. You went from blemished to blameless. From death sentence to eternal life. From orphan to royalty."

Wow. If you're reading this I want you to be reminded of how amazingly much YOU are LOVED. You couldn't have been bought with a higher price. God never regrets the decision He made to sacrifice His son for you. He has loved you with an everlasting love.

You are priceless.

No comments: